Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Yay quick updates!

So I was only supposed to have one show tonight, right? Wrong, if you're Mel Cheeky ;-)

I went to catch the last 20 minutes of Dan Octavia's show at Harmony this afternoon, and Mel told me there was a rumor going around that I was following Dan...news to me. Turns out she started the rumor herself, the little sneak ;-O But, since I can't pass up a chance to play, I was easily talked into it, especially after Dan told the audience I was coming right up...heh.

So I played Harmony again this afternoon.... :-) Always a great time, and I still consider it a stage of honor, since so many of my SL music "heroes" play there. I played the usual stuff, and broke out Chuck Berry's Around and Around. Surprised me, since I wasn't planning on playing it til I worked out the kinks (hmm....mental note...need to do a Kinks song), and I had to Google the lyrics to make sure I had em right, but it ended up being OK.

So, after I Pied-Pipere'd the Harmony crowd to see Mel at the Blue Delta, I hopped on over to The Lily Pad (yeah, I know....sorry), set up, and started singing. To 1 person, and he was afk. To be fair, he was at Harmony as well, so he'd heard it all before :-). Ended up with about 15 people trickling in over the course of the hour, so I have no complaints.

Around and Around snuck into that set as well, as did the first verse of Turn On Your Lovelight. That was Grateful's fault. Seems we're trading GD song teases at our shows now...(in-jokes are so kewl), and last weekend he finally called one that I happen to know how to play all the way through. I've played it 3 times now, and only remembered the 2nd verse once. Eh...there was one tour that Bob Weir did a few years ago that had a huge "Applause" sign behind him that lit up whenever he forgot the words...if he's allowed to forget the words, I think I can be a bit forgetful too, and I can have some fun with it too.

Welp, that's it...Tomorrow night I'm at the Relay For Life gig at Gunbunnies II (can anyone tell me what happened to Gunbunnies I?) at 3 SLT. I have a sweet slot too, following Juel Resistance, and right before Maximillion Kleene, so the crowd should be a pretty good size.

And, as I mentioned last night, I'm filling in as host for Primtionary at 7 SLT. Primtionary is basically the SL version of pictionary. I give you a word, you have to build it, and the audience has to guess what you're building. Whoever guesses gets to build next. It's one of the things that kept me in SL before I started attending (and playing) live music shows, and I can't wait to sit in the big ole chair and see things from that angle. Come on down and have some fun!

Heckle away...I know you're there, I can hear you breathing :-)

1 comment:

Mel Cheeky said...

Hahahahahahaha! I remember doing that! Harmony was a great venue - I miss it a lot, but ah well, the time's roll on :)