Thursday, April 5, 2007

Whew!

Well, Monday's show at Spunky BT's went great. I was kinda worried after the show on Sunday that the sim restart wasn't the reason nobody came back, but my worries were put to rest when I saw the crowd Monday. We all had lots of fun...cept, well...let's just say I gotta remember to take my socks off before I play and leave it at that :-)

Tuesday night I played at Prankster's Open Mic Nite. I had a half hour slot, kept to the usual stuff, threw in some extra GD since that's kinda the theme of the club, and got a great reception.

OK, soapbox time: KEEP LIVE MUSIC FREE IN SL!!!! There are some rumors going around the live music community that some clubs are thinking about charging residents to attend live music shows. Well, I can understand the reasons, for sure...owning an island in SL is an expensive undertaking, and it's great to recoup the costs. The parts of the rumors going around that are bothering me are the admission price some of them are allegedly thinking of charging ($L1000?...come on), and the (alleged) fact that if you want to play for these clubs, you can't play at any of the clubs that don't charge admission. Now, let me state that I have no proof of these statements, but I do trust the musicians I heard them from. I personally don't see myself even getting offered one of these deals, but I wouldn't take such an offer. One of the great things about SL is that you really don't need money (Lindens or otherwise) to have fun. My favorite thing to in SL is attend shows, and if they weren't free I wouldn't have started going. Dear readers (all two of you), one thing you can do to keep live music free is tip the club you're attending as well as the musicians that play there. The costs of owning and maintaining an island in SL are large, plus there's the cost of the stream so you can hear our beautiful music. The next show of mine you go to, don't tip me. Tip the club what you were going to tip me, then tip the club some more. Thanks!

/me steps down from the soapbox.

OK...got that off my chest :-) OK...shows, shows, shows, I got shows! Let's see...Friday the 6th, I debut at The Lily Pad at 6 SLT, Saturday the 7th I'm playing at Gimme Shelter at 10 AM SLT (thank god I'm 3 hours later) then at 2 SLT, I'm at Crazy Sharks. So far, I'm off Sunday (which is good, cuz I gotta work IRL), then back at Sterling Vineyards at 630 SLT on Monday.

Wow...looks like I'm getting to be a pro or something! :-)

Heckles welcome as always....

1 comment:

Sunn Thunders said...

Do what the man says: Help keep music free in SL! (and heckling too...)