Sunday, April 22, 2007

Too much fun...

Well, apparently I won "Who's Song Is It Anyway?" :-) Yeah, so I had to go "blue" to do it, but hey, when your topic is "The 'My Attachment Doesn't Work' Blues", there's really not anywhere else to go :-)

All 4 of us musicians went three times, I would've gone 4, but I chickened out on one of the topics (two holes are better than one), and Charles took it. Man, that guy's a riot. His first topic was Neil Armstrong, but he couldn't use any moon references. He took it and made a song up about how good Neil looks in a thong :-)

So I guess this is going to be an every week thing. Next week, I have a RL thing going on, so I can't make it, but it looks like Sundays in the future are going to be booked (yay!). I also should mention that that was one of the biggest crowds I've played for, at one point going over 50 people! (ooooohhh...)

Yesterday's regular no-going "blue" show at Crazy Sharks went great too. I once again was able to keep my pants on for Polka Dot Undies (it sounds like such a triumph...and it is).

Yesterday I mentioned I've been seeing some really great new musicians in SL lately. Now I want to talk about something in SL Live Music that bugs me a little: Karaoke. It's not live music. There...I said it . Now I've heard some fantastic voices at these shows, and some of them are among the most popular SL musicians around. Yes, the human voice is an instrument, etc...but it's still not live music. I've heard some other SL musicians playing with a backing track or two, and I'm honestly not sure where I stand on that. If it's to enhance a song, like to have a backing drum track or something, I'm all for it. But, yesterday I saw something in SL that floored me: Karaoke guitar. There was a performer, playing, note for note, lead guitar licks over instrumental versions of rock songs. Hmmm....This person was a fantastic guitarist, and sounded just like the performers he was covering, but, hmmm.....that's really all I can say about that is hmmm.....

Anyways.

Psst! Hey, you! Yeah, you! In the funny hat! Wanna go to a music show? C'mere....I'll tell ya how! First, wait until 615 or so Second Life Time tomorrow (or Pacific Daylight Time for you non SL'ers...if you're one of them, go download Second Life first), then come back here. Click on this link that says Sterling Vineyards...see? They run a classy joint tho, so make sure you get there early...k? Music starts at 630 SLT, and plan on staying til the end...otherwise I might have to come hunt ya down, capisce?

Now, while you're waiting for tomorrow to come, why don't you leave a few heckles? :-)

1 comment:

Mel Cheeky said...

Spaceman, I always wanted you to go into space, man haha! I have found you - now there is n escape lol! Who's song has been such a blast! It always surprises me by what the audience comes up with. Btw, the two holes are better than one was my suggestion hahahahaha! :)