Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Wow, what a fun night!

OK, so.....

I've been meaning to get in touch with Cryene at Sterling Vineyards for a while now, to ask about playing there. So tonight, Grateful was playing there, so I figured I'd see a happening show, and see if I could play there in the future all at the same time.

So I showed up late (I'm learning), and listened to a few tunes and finally got around to IMing Cryene. She asked if I wanted to play after Grateful (!). And since I'm stupid, and had spent the weekend saying I was gonna enjoy my few days off between Sunday's show and Thursday's show (although I had also told Yummie that I somehow knew I'd be playing on Monday :-) ) I said to have Grateful play one more so I could set up.

Well, I got on stage, and tried to play my lil heart out (just don't ask Rose for the picture...hehe). Apparently it worked, since during my "Thank You" IM to Cryene, she said we should set something up for a regular basis (!). SO...I now have my first weekly gig, and it's a great place too...Sterling Vineyards is in a beautiful setting, with great people to boot. So, from now on, if you want to catch me on a Monday, come down to Sterling Vineyards at either 6 or 630 SLT (it switches every week, starting at 630 next week). Yay!

Afterwards, we went to see Jaycatt playing at his house to celebrate his RL birthday, and as always, he didn't disappoint. That cat can sure play the piano (and the harpsichord, and the melodica, and....)! Happy Birthday again Jay!

Also, Cat at Crazy Sharks asked me this afternoon to play this Saturday at 3 SLT. I had to ask who I was filling in for :-), but it's one of them real type gigs! I love playing at Crazy Sharks...they're so nice there, and I always have a great time (when don't I?).

Well, that's all for now...heckle if you wish!

Space

No comments: