Sunday, March 18, 2007

Spunky's success!

OK, well....

Spunky BT's went great, once I finally started. I got there about 10 minutes early, since I'm not a real musician yet :-), looked around and got logged out of SL because the sim went down :-(

So, after IMing Spunky herself, who got in touch with the sim owner, who got in touch with the Lindens, I was finally able to get in. Only problem was, there was a pole dancer on the stage where I was supposed to be playing. I personally wouldn't have minded having a backup strip- umm.... dancer, but she left, and I headed on up.

Grateful Stryker (another fine SL musician) was there, so I knew I had to pull out all the Dead tunes I do. He seemed suitably impressed, which is good, cuz us DeadHeads are our own harshest critics. We had no issues telling the band when they sucked, and certainly have no issues telling Dead cover acts that they suck as well :-) I got lots of "whoooooooo!"'s from Grateful, and, from what I remember from Dead and GD related shows, that's a good sign.

I even got to pull out Loose Lucy, cuz my vocal & guitar coach Nix wasn't there, and she hates me doing Loose Lucy cuz, well....I can't play it very well :-) Barre chords and Spacey just don't mix well, never have. I s'pose if I actually worked on them a little, I'd get better at them, but who wants to work? :-)

Anyways, a great time was had by all, 'specially me, and I'll be back at Spunky's in a few weeks.

Thanks everyone that showed up!

No comments: