Sunday, April 1, 2007

Whoops!

Yeah, I know...less than two weeks into the thing and I'm already slacking :-) Oh well...stuff happens ;-)

So...Monday's show at Sterling Vineyards was lots of fun...not too many people showed up, but those that did seemed to have a good time. I had Tuesday and Wednesday off, then I got a chance to go back to the Hummingbird Cafe's Open Mic night, which is where I made my SL debut. They run a real fun time there, for all their shows, but the Open Mic nights are usually something else. :-)

Friday, I played at the Point Arena in Rio for the first time. It would've been a great show, but of course, my luck....I have to be the sucker that has SL's bi-weekly rolling restart roll right through their set :-( So, for my first song, I had 35 people there (a fairly good crowd), then the restart happened, so we all left and came back a few minutes later. I spent the next 40 minutes playing to as few as 3 and as many as 11 people. Ah well :-) Grateful was there, so at least I had a cheering section :-)

OK, that's the past week :-) Friday night at Frogg and Jaycatt's show, I talked with Spunky Burrito a lil bit, and finished "with see you Monday!" I'm playing at Spunky BT's at 6 SLT Monday (last minute Edit: 7 SLT!)...we scheduled it weeks ago. Yesterday morning it hits me...I play Monday at 6 at Sterling Vineyards for my weekly slot! ACK! So I asked Grateful if we could switch, but he has RL plans. So I IMd Creyne this morning and told her how dumb I was :-) She gets back to me with (paraphrasing) "It's OK I did the same thing". She had set up with another musician to play Monday at 6 before getting me in the weekly slot, and just remembered herself :-) So, go figure, we both flaked about the same day, and it worked out perfectly :-)

Well, that about does it! Heckle away....

No comments: