Sunday, November 4, 2007

Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow!

Well....I've officially gone two weeks without doing a show. It started a few weeks ago, when I felt my old case of tendinitis coming back. I've had it in both wrists since I was a teenager, and one or the other wrist flares up once a year or so. A few days of extra advil and a wrist brace usually do the trick.

Not this time. I stayed off the guitar for a while, canceled a few shows, but the pain kept getting worse. I finally went to the doctor a few days ago, and was diagnosed with De Quervain's Tenosynovitis (affects under the thumb area) and Wrist Intersection Syndrome (affects the upper forearm). They put me on some anti inflammatories (nothing good tho...jerks) and gave me a cortisone shot. They told me the area around the shot might be sore for a few days, what they didn't tell me was their definition of "sore" and mine are completely different. It felt like someone punched the same spot on my arm about 150 times.

After that wore off, it was supposed to feel better, but it's not just yet. I've canceled my shows for the next week, and I'm just taking it easy on the wrist for now. Haven't picked up the guitar since the day of the Dr. appointment, and I start physical therapy on it in 10 days. As soon as I start feeling better, I'll post here, schedule more shows and be back banging on the strings...but until then...

Stay Spacey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It has been a dark, dark few weeks without your strummings. Shots n doctors n stuff = lame, but I hope you get better soon because of it!