Saturday, September 1, 2007

Wait, you gotta update these things?

So there's this guy, see...He told me I need to update my blog or he'd break my legs. Man, since blogger got bought out by Google they don't mess around do they?

Well, not much to say, really. I haven't been playing much the last couple weeks. I stopped doing the Wednesday Lily Pad shows at the end of July. My total attendance for July at The Lily Pad was 15, so completely stopping them was way better than getting depressed over playing for 2-5 people every week. Drift wasn't too happy about it, which made me feel bad, but...

I dunno. My shows lately have been either hugely attended or not attended at all. Tuesday I played at Prankster's at 5 to a large (for me) crowd, then ran over to a wonderful club for my first gig there and played for 3 people, one of which was a host, and another the co-owner. The third person must've just felt bad and stayed for me, which was nice of her, but...I'm tired of using the excuse that 6 SLT is real hard, there's always so many other shows going on. Which is true, but I bet those shows have an audience (and frankly, I'm afraid to look).

Then on top of that, after the show, the co-owner (whose mix of text-speak and typos make her virtually impossible to understand. I hope English isn't her first language, because if it is.......*yikes*) IM's me and scolds me for talking about Who's Song, saying (or trying to) "I don't have a problem with it, but others get upset when you talk about that." Well, if you're the only one that doesn't have a problem, why have I been doing it for 6 months and you're the first one to mention it? Eh...it's too bad, because the place looks like a great place to play.

So, that's what's up with me, music wise, anyways :-)

Umm...shows, shows, shows....yes! I do have shows.

Who's Song has been sporadic at best lately. We were finally going to have another one this week, then that dreaded Real Life came along and forced me to have to work this Sunday. I'm not sure if it's canceled or not, so check events. It's still fun without me ;-)

Monday, I'm at Sterling Vineyards at 6, Tuesday at The Merry Prankster at 5, and Wednesday at 6 I'm back at The Koffee Klub for Polka Dot Undies night :-)

Thursday at 5 I'm at Orchard Music Park opening up for the lovely and talented Charles Coleman, and let's hope that next Sunday, all will be well for Who's Song Is It Anyway, at Crazy Sharks at 11 AM. (All times here are Second Life Time, or Pacific Daylight Time for you non SL'ers.)

I'll try to update more, but.....ya know :-)

2 comments:

Mel Cheeky said...

It was me that said I would break your legs - ok it wasn't haha, but I do check in now and again to see what's going on in that brain of yours. You have to learn a very important word in SL it's NO. NO NO NO NO NO. Once you learn that word, you will feel better and not so guilty about saying no to shows. I upped my price - so less people ask me to play hahahahaha - evil cackle! :) Who's song rocked with you today - even if my net died on me lol. If anyone complains about the show, send them my way so that I can sort them out!!! :) x

Anonymous said...

Good words.